This page from the 2012-13 Academic Year is retained for historical purposes only and is not updated. Bakersfield College's Program Review Committee now handles all of the instructional and admistrative program review processes at BC.
One of the essential pieces of data the College studies are the data from the Annual Program Review (APR) reports. In this Program Review section are links to the individual reports, summaries, and other documents related to a college wide view of the programs we offer.
- Fall 2012 APR Summary (trends and recommendations for improvement from the Program Review Committee)
- Bakersfield College Educational Master Plan (has APR data from 2011-12 and preceding years)
- Filled-out APR forms from each program for the 2012-13 academic year (link to APRC public folder on our Exchange email server---after you enter your campus network access codes, the contents of the APRC public folder will appear)
Evaluating the Core Mission Continued cuts in state funding have required the college to re-evaluate its core mission; to focus its mission. Bakersfield College can no longer be "all things to all people". In Fall 2012, a program viability task force of the Academic Senate was created to develop the criteria used to evaluate the programs we offer. In addition an anonymous survey instrument was developed by the administration to gather input from the entire campus on what should be the core student and administrative support services that we offer to support student success and to maintain quality programs and services.
- Program Viability Criteria (finalized November 29, 2012)
- Program Viability Executive Summaries through November 7, 2012 (link to public folder on our Exchange email server---after you enter your campus network access codes, the contents of the Program Viability Executive Summaries sub-folder in the Academic Senate public folder will appear)
- Data from Defining Core survey (link to public folder on our Exchange email server---after you enter your campus network access codes, the contents of the Defining Core public folder will appear)
- Program Discontinuance Procedure (approved by Academic Senate on November 18, 2009)