The Bakersfield College Strategic Focus is a synthesis of institutional documents that guide the work of the college. The document is a PDF with links to the key documents on websites embedded in the text.
Strategic Goals Discussion
There will be training presentations focused on how to use the data in the data strands listed in the Strategic Focus document to inform our implementation of the College's strategic goals. These training presentations are open to campus employees and students. The slides and other materials from those presentations will be posted here.
- Facilities and Infrastructure presentation. (February 22, 2013) The facilities and infrastructure long-range plan is being reworked to make sure it is connected very clearly to the Educational Master Plan and it will take us through the next 20 years. This plan includes both the physical plant and the digital/computer technology needs.
- Research and Reporting Study Session. (March 1, 2013) Master slide set. Below are three parts with any additional material given at the presentation in those parts.
- Big Picture view of Research and Reporting by Sonya Christian and Lisa Fitzgerald. Covers the purpose of research with ties to the Accreditation Standards of ACCJC. There is an example College Scorecard from data in the Accountability Reporting for the Community Colleges (ARCC) data sets and the long list of projects in the Institutional Research queue.
- Program Review data and analysis in the Annual Program Review by Manny Mourtzanos, Mike Carley, and Liz Rozell.
- Student Learning Outcomes Assessment by Bonnie Suderman.
- BC General Education Pattern
- BC Institutional Level Learning Outcomes
- Example Bakersfield College General Education Assessment results --- example using Earth Science: ERS B10 to assess Gen Ed area B1
- Writing in the Disciplines Think Tank --- flyer for the Spring 2013 think tank on how to assign and grade writing assignments across the disciplines.
Research and Reporting Work Session Evaluation
Collegewide Discussions on Core Values/Strategic Plan
College Council will be facilitating collegewide discussions in the next 18 months (beginning Spring 2013 to Spring 2014 end) on three major areas: 1) updates on our strategic plans and determination of what are our core values; 2) "Who are We?"; and 3) reorganization of the college. The first two items need to happen in the March/April timeframe and the third needs to happen in the first part of the fall semester.