1. Review recommendations from the various constituents, administration, academic senate, classified staff, and students and forward a recommendation to the President.
2. Recommend to the Academic Senate changes in campus-wide philosophy and missions statements, and the goals and
objectives of Porterville College to the President.
3. Develop, monitor, review, and recommend campus-wide research processes, measures, and results; and campus-wide educational planning processes.
4. Analyze all planning processes and actions of any impacts upon, and relationship to, the Porterville College Institutional Plans to the President.
5. Establish fiscal priorities for the College, serve as a fact-finding body for budgetary priorities, and make recommendation to the College President for both short-term and long-term budgetary needs.
6. Serve as communication liaison with other staff and students to relate rationale for budgetary decisions.
7. Review budget recommendations from the Budget Subcommittee and make recommendations to the President for additions and/or deletions to balance budget.
8. Collect and review recommendations from the Enrollment Management Subcommittee, Budget Subcommittee, and Strategic Planning Subcommittee to make a recommendation to CC for final recommendations to the College President.
9. Review and recommend to the president hiring priorities, utilizing the formal process, as they relate to the Educational Master Plan.
10. Review campus research and research needs as a basis for implementing program review, assessment, and planning processes.
11. Review and recommend divisional structures and reorganization plans to the President.
12. Review and recommend to the President facility requirements and needs.
13. Review and recommend any comprehensive enrollment management strategies and plans, including student recruitment, registration processes, and scheduling to the President.
14. Review and remain current on laws and legislation affecting educational programs and instruction.
President (**ex officio) 1
Vice President, Academic Affairs 1
Vice President, Student Services 1
Vice President, Finance & Administrative Services 1
* Division Chairs 9
Academic Senate President 1
Academic Senate President Elect (ex officio) 1
* Director, Enrollment Services 1
* Director, Student Services 1
* Director, Financial Aid 1
* Director, Equity and Educational Services 1
* Director, Student Programs & Athletics 1
* Director, Maintenance & Operations 1
* Director, Information Technology 1
* Coordinator, Disability Resource Center 1
Institutional Researcher 1
* Manager, Human Resources (**ex officio) 1
Reference Librarian 1
* Adjunct Faculty Representative 1
* CCA Campus Chair 1
* CCA Campus Representative 1
* CSEA President 1
* CSEA Vice President 1
* ASPC President 1
* ASPC Vice President 1
* or designee
** ex officio (Non-voting member)
Total Membership 36
Emergency items are items of such a nature that lack of immediate action will result in a negative impact on the ability of the college to fulfill its mission. Emergency items shall be provided to all CC members at least 72 hours in advance of the CC meeting at which action is to be taken along with the rationale of the emergency nature. It may then be added to the CC agenda as a discussion and action item.
Program reviews go to the Strategic Planning Sub-committee and are thoroughly assessed before being forward to CC for review and approval. Program reviews will be to the CC agends as an action item.
We must at all times respect each other’s opinions
We will not personalize, e g , use specific names of staff members
President (ex officio, non-voting) Dr. Claudia Habib
Vice President, Instruction Dr. Gregory South
Vice President, Student Services Primavera Arvizu
Vice President, Finance & Administrative Services Dr. Arlitha Williams-Harmon
Dean, Instruction Kailani Knutson
(Interim) Dean, Instruction Joe Cascio
Associate Dean, Health Careers Kim Behrens
* Director, Enrollment Services Erin Cruz
* Director, Financial Aid Tiffany Haynes
* Director, Equity and Educational Services Kimanthi Warren
* Director, Student Services Diane Thompson
* Director, Student Programs & Athletics Joe Cascio
* Director, Information Technology Jay Navarrette
* Director, Maintenance & Operations John Word
* Manager, Human Resources (ex officio, non-voting) Anne VanderHorst
* (Interim) Program Manager, Safety & Security (guest, non-voting) Todd Dearmore
* Coordinator, Disability Resource Center Stephanie Olmedo-Hinde
Institutional Researcher Michael Carley
Academic Senate President Miles Vega
Academic Senate President Elect (ex officio, non-voting) (vacant)
* Division Chair
Career & Technical Education Tim Brown
Fine and Applied Arts James Thompson
Health Careers Lupe Guillen
Kinesiology Vickie Dugan
Language Arts Ann Marie Wagstaff
Natural Science Kendra Haney
Mathematics Stewart Hathaway
Social Science Robert Simpkins
Student Services Maria Roman
* Coordinator, Outcomes (guest, non-voting) Melissa Long
Reference Librarian Chris Ebert
* Adjunct Faculty Representative (vacant)
* CCA Campus Chair (vacant)
* CCA Campus Representative Rebecca Baird
* CSEA President Vern Butler
* CSEA Vice President (vacant)
* ASPC President aspcpres@portervillecollege edu (Christy Chavez)
* ASPC Vice President aspcvp@portervillecollege edu (Myla Paczak)
* or designee
Co-Chair (Administration) Primavera Arvizu
Co-Chair (Faculty) Robert Simpkins
Co-Chair (Classified) Vern Butler
Secretary Jodie Logan
|FORM - End of Year Committee Report.pdf||79.27 KB|
|2017-18 End of Year Committee Reports.pdf||6.04 MB|
|PC State of the College.pdf||3.92 MB|
|Participatory Governance at Porterville College FINAL 050118.pdf||424.34 KB|
|Fall 2019 _ All Cmte - Sub-Cmtes - Etc. Chairs.pdf||190.32 KB|
|CLC-Now CC- Motions 2003 to Present - Revised 9.24.18.pdf||383.32 KB|
|KCCD Elements of Decision Making April 2012.pdf||587.17 KB|
|The Elements of Decision Making Document KCCD 2018.pdf||2.36 MB|
|IPAA Model 2018- Integrated Planning Assessment and Action - CC approved 11.19.18.pdf||728.97 KB|