Info! Clicking the link opens and closes this section.
Scope of Authority
All members regardless of individual interests will focus on budget processes and procedures, to ensure alignment of college- wide planning and budget allocations.
Tasks, Goals, & Objectives
- Identify and acquire the necessary training to function effectively as committee members.
- Recommend a timeline for budget development that takes into account district and state budget deadlines and time for review, response and changes in the proposed allocations before the final decisions are made.
- Annually review and modify, and communicate the criteria that will be used in making budget decisions for the coming fiscal year.
- Establish clearly articulated processes for reviewing budget requests.
- Design and implement a mechanism that allows for timely college review, input, and modification to the proposed budget before it is submitted to the Board of Trustees for approval.
- Review the budget input and development process and documents completed by department chairs and managers to improve processes and forms. Develop a communication plan to keep the college apprised of information that impacts the budget.
- Meet at least once a month during the fall and spring semesters with possible meetings during the summer. Annually assess the budget development process.
- Advocate for timely budget projections from the district office.
- Provide a representative to participate in the district's Budget Allocation Model review.
Alignment With Accreditation
- Standard III.D – Financial Resources
- Standard IV.A.3 – Administrators and faculty, through policy and procedures, have a substantive and clearly defined role in institutional governance and exercise a substantial voice in institutional policies, planning, and budget that relate to their areas of responsibility and expertise.
Reports To & Communicates With
College President, College Council, Academic Senate, Faculty Chairs, Staff and Students
The committee is chaired by the Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services and Faculty Co-Chair. Representatives as follows:
- College President
- Executive Vice President of Instruction
- Vice President of Student Affairs
- Academic Senate President
- 1 dean or director. Term: 3 years
- 4 faculty appointed by the Academic Senate. Term: 3 years (staggered). At least one should be a faculty department chair. No two from the same department.
- The CSEA President or classified designee from College Council
- 3 classified staff representatives appointed by the CSEA. One representative each from Student Affairs, Finance and Administrative Services, and Instruction. Term: 3 years (staggered)
- 1 or 2 Student Government Association representatives. Term: 1 year
- Representatives from other committees or those with particular expertise may be brought in as needs arise for short-term consultation