Core Team Meetings
- Monday, April 21: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. - Kick-off with brown bag lunch
- Tuesday, April 22: CCC Confer with Joanna Banks and June Bayha
- Monday, April 28: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. (CCC Confer with Joanna Banks & June Bayha)
- Monday, May 5: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 12: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Focus Group Meetings
Monday, May 5
- 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. CTE Session One – L149
- 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Transfer - Levinson 40
- 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pre-Collegiate – Levinson 40
- 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. CTE Session Two – L149
- Rural Community Plan (Data has been collected. Focus group will be held if needed)
Other Group Meetings
- April 21 – President’s Cabinet (Review of process and timeline)
- April 24 – College Council (Review of process and timeline)
- April 25 – FCDC (Initial discussion to prepare for Focus Group)
- May 2 – (Lead Members CCC Confer with Joanna Banks & June Bayha to shape the focus group.)
- May 9 – Special College Council Meeting or email meeting TBD
- May 1 – Summary/bullets deadline to Tracy
- May 15 – Robust Outline deadline (Faculty will have a sense of document before they leave)
- May 22 – College Council Meeting via email
- June 1 or 2 – Final Document deadline
- June 9 – Email approval College Council
- June 11 – Project is complete
It is time to prepare the BC Educational Master Plan for the next three years, 2014-2017. The Plan will provide some historical information but the main focus will be on the future. By communicating widely and engaging the entire Campus Community, the tone of the Educational Master Plan will be more specific to our institution and future. The final document will be vibrant and descriptive, telling the BC story with richness, depth and detail.
Master Plan Core Team
The Core Team will guide the focus groups and gathering of information.
Leah Carter, Ann Tatum, Manny Mourtzanos, Bonnie Suderman, Liz Rozell, Rich McCrow, Academic Senate President (Corny Rodriguez) or designee, Classified Union President (Tina Johnson) or designee, SGA President (Shelby Sward) or designee, Data Lead (Janet Fulks).
Focus Group Members
Designated Administrators, Faculty, and Classified Staff
- CTE: Leah Carter (lead), Cindy Collier, Liz Rozell, Ann Tatum, Angela Paquette, Richard McCrow, Diana Baeza, Pam Gomez, Jennifer Johnson, Sean Caras, Pat Coyle, David Koeth, Phil Whitney, Lindsay Ono, Becki Whitson, Nancy Perkins, Tim Capehart.
- TRANSFER: Emmanuel Mourtzanos (lead), Liz Rozell, Bonnie Suderman, Leah Carter, Cindy Collier, Sue Granger-Dickson, Billie Jo Rice, John Carpenter, Marissa Marquez, Cynthia Quintanilla, Joe Saldivar, Ken Vaughan, Regina Hukill
- PRE-COLLEGIATE: Bonnie Suderman/ Liz Rozell (leads), Eileen Pierce, Kimberley Van Horne, Regina Hukill, Pam Boyles, Jeannie Parent, Ann Tatum, Anna Agenjo, Kim Arbolante, Kim Nickell
- RURAL COMMUNITY: Rick McCrow (lead), Leah Carter, Cindy Collier, Jason Dixon, Bill Rector, Chris Resendez
- CTE Plan
- Transfer Plan
- Pre-Collegiate Plan
- Rural Community Plan (with Westec Component)
- Technology and Pedagogy (Todd Coston, Bill Moseley)
- An Ed Master Plan that includes all of the above components.
Format of Each Plan
- History (3-5 years)
- Program Reviews (primary source)
- Enrollment / Demographics
- Programmatic Information
- Pedagogical Information
- Workforce trends
- Transfer trends (4-year schools)
- Pre-collegiate trends
- Demographic changes
- Equity in closing the achievement gap
- Program Goals & Objectives (next 3 years)
- New programs/services
- Program redesign
- Technology use (online, hybrid, classroom)
Source I: Program Reviews
Each instructional program has completed program reviews over the last several years. A review and synthesis of the program review over the last 3 to 5 years will be provided through an FCDC Focus Group.
Source II: Other Institutional Documents
There are several institutional documents that contain important information to inform the EMP.
See Resource Documents tab for more information.
Some examples are:
- Most recent Educational Master Plan
- Proposal for Title V (Bonnie)
- Strategic Focus Plan (Jennifer)
- BSI reports (Bonnie)
- STEM reports (Liz)
- VTEA reports (Leah)
- Achieving the Dream (ATD) (Manny, Implementation Plan, ATD data from Lisa Fitzgerald)
- New pre-law proposal (Manny)
- Career Trust Pathways grants (Leah)
- (2) Papers on acceleration English classes (John Carpenter and Pam Boyles are working on this) (Ann)
- C 6 Grant and reports (Cindy)
- Recent Accreditation reports (Website)
- Write up on Paramount initiative (Career Trust – Leah)
- “Closing the Loop” document (Jennifer)
- Communication Data (county demographics, unemployment, etc.)
Source III: Focus Group and Targeted surveys
(June and Joanna will assist in question development)
- What needs do you see (community, students)?
- How do you suggest meeting those needs?
- What challenges do you see in meeting those needs?
- What progress has been made?
- What strategies do you suggest, or have in place, to meet the need and sustain these efforts?
- What Plans are currently underway?
- Where do we want to go in the next 1-3 years?
- How will you evaluate “Best Practices”?
- Identify respondent
- Area or discipline
- Student Affairs
- Academic Affairs
- Pre-Collegiate survey questions/responses will need to incorporate Facility Master Plan information to bring 1st generation students together in a way that encompasses all to make student successful.
- Project Overview
- Most recent Educational Master Plan
- Recent Accreditation reports
- Milken Institute Report: "Local Harvest - Developing the Central Valley Workforce for California's Future Agriculture" (April 2014)
- Achieving the Dream
- Multiple Measures Report
- CTE Trust Grant Information
- VTEA Reports (Perkins Federal Grant)
- Faculty Input
- Biology Program Review Abstract
- Math Master Plan Spring 2014
- STEM Grant Annual Program Reviews
- Pre-Law Pathway
- Title V
- C6 Grant
- Support Team – Tracy Hall (primary), Jennifer Marden (secondary)
- Editors – Joanna Banks, June Bayha
- Website for supporting documents and surveys – Shannon Musser